Monday, August 24, 2009

Lazy Sunday at the beach





I took a train and bus up to the surf beach on Bribie island, meaning that I went to the surf side of the island, not that it's a surfing beach, the surf is not big enough. The waves are big enough to play around it, though, and it was super fun. I spent the day reading Omnivore's Dilemma (I will proselytize on that one at a later time), swimming, snoozing and walking on the beach. And I never even got a sunburn! The swim shirt helps: no need to try to put sunscreen on my back by myself! The beach itself was really soft sand and looked to me like it was pretty much endless: lovely!

It was quite warm at the beach, not as hot as Cuba, though, but still very warm for the winter. We're in the middle of a heat wave, and actually went up to 35 degrees yesterday, breaking all sorts of records. Thankfully (for us, not the dry dry bush) the humidity was only 54% so it really didn't feel THAT hot. Doesn't bode well for summer, though, it's supposed to be an El Nino summer so it might be hot hot hot. Things are continuing to fall into place, including the addition of beans for lunch and muesli for breakfast as per tradition, and all I'm missing now is Joel!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Hon. Nice pictures. I almost had a s--t when I saw the one of a climber high on a rock cliff. I thought it was you up there. I was ready to scold you until I read the rest of your narrative. Later, Dad

Joel'n'Marlene said...

Hey, glad you guys are home! Now someone will comment on the blog and I won't feel like I'm talking into the ether!

It was pretty crazy watching that guy solo that cliff. When we go up there we'll be all tied in and wearing a helmet.