Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Last Place I Looked: a Nouveau Appreciation (JPB)

So it's always a good laugh to make fun of people who say stuff like, "Why is what I'm looking for always in the last place I look?" Think about that one for a little while....

Today, well, the past month really, I could've really used a can opener. Now that our stuff arrived I finally made a full on assault on trying to find our can opener. I'm not sure why I needed the can opener so bad, but I did. Those who know me well, know that I can get like that sometimes [think back to me obsessing in trying to find the lid to the peanut butter as we're trying to pack up camp during a tornado (no exaggeration). The lid just had to be found]. Our can opener was, obviously, in the last place I looked. Unfortunately, out of all the boxes delivered to us, I managed to open every single other box before I got to the can opener. This box was hidden inside another box underneath a pile of pajamas. It must've been one of those random last minute packing boxes where you just haphazardly throw stuff into any open box. At least I finally found it, in the last place I looked.

No comments: