Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Take off! Or not.

I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something: When I tried to cross the border to the US for my job in San Francisco over two years ago I was rejected. On Monday when I was packing up to take my flight to my new job in New Zealand I lost my passport. Maybe I'm not meant to work and live internationally? Hum. I hope not, cause I really think this New Zealand thing is going to be good.

Well, now I'm cooling my heels in Vancouver. It could be worse. Vancouver is nice. Pretty soon I'm going to head out and walk along the waterfront or something. I had a poutine at New York fries for brunch today. So fatty. So salty. So good. All the same, I think I can go another 10 years + without needing another one of those.

Joel is busy trying to make himself useful at Rick and Rosalind's in Berkeley while I'm here. They've been kind enough to let us continue to stay at their place until my passport woes are over and we are good and gone, flying over the Pacific to our new home.


Fingers crossed the next post is one about passport success!

No comments: