Thursday, May 1, 2008

USA don't want me... yet! (MCV)

So Joel and I got up real early this morning ready to head out on our great California adventure. The day was perfect for driving: sunny, warm, no sign of snow, no traffic and nice dry roads. The scenery was really beautiful, looks pretty much like the Alberta flag out here. Nice view of the mountains and rolling prairie with cattle and bison and salt flats. I'll be sad not to see the landscape anymore, but I really enjoyed watching it today. After four hours we arrived at the border and began the paperwork. It never got finished... I had to withdraw my application because my documentation failed to mention a start date! Duh! I can't believe we missed that! Good thing I payed for a lawyer... Anyways, the people at the border were really nice and helpful and told me what I need to do to get my paperwork in order. A frantic call to Jacobs, an hour drive back up to Lethbridge and we're now cooling our heels waiting for the fedex to show up so we can go for round two tomorrow.

No comments: