Friday, September 4, 2009

Here comes the sun!



So it's Saturday again and the rain this morning washed everything down and cooled the air a little: I'm actually wearing long sleeves! and socks! But the sun just came out and will hopefully dry everything off so I can go for my long-awaited bike ride. Things are really falling into place with the house in the WC moved out and over with, Joel at his parents in New Mexico and his ticket bought so he arrives next Sunday morning. I'm so excited for him to get here so I don't have to talk to the walls anymore when I get home or talk to myself whenever I discover something else that's cool in Brisbane!

I went onto site this week. Ahhhh, this is why I do this job! I just love excavating rock! In the office I have also been doing some really neat stuff with planning excavation sequencing and initial and final support requirements for caverns with a maximum span of 26 meters. Think about how big that is! So cool! Yeah, all in all, things are really great and Joel's finally getting to have some fun with the family, which he will hopefully give a full update on shortly!

No comments: